KCNA is Beginning to Accept Applications December 8th!
Apply for a Seat at KCNA
Please complete this form to request a spot for the 2018/2019 school year. You will need to create a new account when accessing form.
All families applying to attend KCNA must live within the Kansas City Missouri Public School District. Priority consideration will be given to students who meet the following criteria and who apply by March 1st. Please read carefully as enrollment requirements differ between KCNA & KCPS.
- Students who attended KCNA during the previous school year
- Siblings of current KCNA students
- Students who live in the Wendell Phillips neighborhood
- Students who live in the Urban Neighborhood Initiative (UNI) boundary
- Children of current full-time KCNA employees
- Any child within the KCPS boundary
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO ENROLL?
Please note that the birthdate deadlines for KCNA differ from KCPS. (Kindergarten must be 5 years old by July 31, 2018/P4 must be 4 years old by July 31st, 2018)
Required documents to enroll in Pre-K4-4th Grade:
- Birth Certificate
- Student’s current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required) (Download here)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
TWO ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY (one from each group)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized* (Download here)
*We offer free notary service during regular business hours; please call to confirm availability.
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents (TANF, SNAP letter)
- Pay stub/ Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)
For Families Completing Enrollment
If you do not have access to a computer or have questions about completing the online forms, we can help you when you come to the school. Please call us at 816-418-1500 if you have any questions.Sign up for an appointment
Notice of Non-Discrimination: Kansas City Neighborhood Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other factor prohibited by law in its programs and activities. If you believe you have been subject to discrimination or harassment, or if you have any inquiries regarding the school’s non-discrimination policies, please contact the Office Manager at 1619 E 24th Terr., Kansas City, Mo 64108, or call (816) 418-1500.